HOW TO REPLACE BATTERY XIAOMI REDMI 5 PRO
Open the back case and swap the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro or 5 Pro battery is more or less the same as swapping the battery on the Redmi 5 Plus.
Necessary screwdriver and Tools kit for surgery Xiaomi Redmi Note 5:
- SIM card tray ejector
- Prying tools/Spudger/Opening pick
- Phillips screwdriver (plus/+) 1.5mm
You can buy screwdrivers and tools kits at tokopedia.com/elppastore or bukalapak.com/elppastore
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Original Battery Details:
- Model: BN45
- Capability: 4000mAh (typ)/3900mAh (min)
- Battery type: lithium-ion polymer
- Rated voltage: 3.85VDC
- Charging voltage limit: 4.40VDC
- Charging: 5V/2A charging, QC2.0
To buy the original battery, it is possible to get it at the Xiaomi Service Center, you can exchange the battery there. If in the marketplace, the originality is not guaranteed.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro Surgical Steps:
- The first thing, of course, is to turn off the HP first! Then first remove the SIM Card Tray by using the Ejector given in the sales package.
- Then to open the rear casing, you can use the opening tools by prying the casing at the bottom corner between the LCD assembly and the casing bezel.
- Comb in all corners to remove all the fasteners. Until you can use your fingers and nails to open and separate the case from the Xiamo body.
- The Fingerprint sensor module must be removed first because it blocks the metal plate or bracket that covers the battery connector. Pry the fingerprint sensor connector using a spudger or your fingernail.
- Then free the fingerprint module using tweezers... be careful there is a flexible side that is glued together. Then, because of that under the fingerprint module, some screws/bolts dampen the battery connector bracket and are flexible that connect to the sub-board at the bottom.
- Before we can remove the battery connector, we have to open the bracket first. Use a 1.5mm (#000) plus size screwdriver.
- When the 2 screws have been removed, the bracket or iron plate covering the flexible connector can also be opened. Then you just disconnect the battery connector to disconnect the power line.
- The battery cannot be removed, because the original built-in battery is attached to the body with a special adhesive which needs to be removed first by pulling on the adhesive pull-tab.
- But to pull the battery adhesive flat so it doesn't break, you should first remove the speaker module at the bottom.
This is only optional if you can pull the pull-tab of the battery adhesive without breaking even though it is quite a bit hampered by the speaker module so you don't need to dissect it first.
- If you want to remove the speaker module or really want to replace it due to damage, you need to remove the 4 screws using a 1.5mm plus screwdriver.
- There is one screw that is covered with a "mi" stamp which means it will void the warranty if the HP is still under one year old. After the screws are removed, the speaker module can be removed using tweezers and your fingers.
- To remove the battery, you need to pull the 2 adhesive pull-tabs into a plate, work slowly and be careful not to break them before they run out.
- After the adhesive comes off, the battery will come off. Please exchange it for a new one. Install the speaker module again, and the other modules as before.