HOW TO MAKE DIY AROMATHERAPY CANDLES
Aromatherapy candles can give the impression of excellent relaxation. Its fragrant aroma can give a sigh when sucking it.
The steps to make your own aromatherapy candles are quite simple. Some of the ingredients needed in the steps to make your own aromatherapy candles are also easy to find. Making your own aromatherapy candles can save even more expenses.
By making this aromatherapy candle, you don't need to buy aromatherapy candles. You can use ordinary candles and fundamental oils in this step of making aromatherapy candles. How to make candles has even become a particular hobby for some people.
- Ordinary candles
The most important step in making aromatherapy candles is preparing the candle. As a base material, you can prepare ordinary white candles. Prepare 4 to 5 stalks.
- Aromatherapy oil
To give the aroma, you can use aromatherapy oils or fundamental oils. Several types of scents can be used, starting from lavender, jasmine, rose, green tea, to spices.
- Place for candles
This place serves to place the results of your homemade aromatherapy candles. You can use glasses, leftover cans, jars, or small bowls.
The wick is important for the fire to be lit. You can take advantage of the wick that is in a regular candle. Or you can buy your own wick.
- Pots and bowls
The pot is used to melt the wax. The candle is then placed in a bowl and placed in the middle of a pot of water. So make sure to choose a bowl that can deliver heat. Avoid using plastic bowls because they can drip too.
- food color material
You can color your aromatherapy candles with food color ingredients. However, this is optional.
- Toothpick or skewer
This skewer is used to attach the candlewick so that it is still in the center.
Steps to make aromatherapy candles
Prepare a place for candles. Equate the length of the axis with the length of the spot. Tie the top side of the wick on a toothpick or skewer. Place the toothpick in the center of the holder with the wick sticking out underneath.
- Take 4 to 5 sticks of ordinary white candles. Melt the wax into small pieces to make it easier to melt. Separate the candle with the wick.
- Put in a bowl. Fill the pot with water until it is 1/2 full. Then boil the water.
- Once it boils, place the bowl of wax over the pot of water. Let the bowl float.
- Wait until the wax melts while stirring. After melting, add two drops of food color material until the wax is a different color.
- Turn off the stove, continue to stir the wax.
- Drops of aromatherapy oil before it hardens. Stir until dissolved. You can set the number of drops of aromatherapy oil you want to give. Generally, 10 drops of oil are sufficient for 500 g of wax.
- Once dissolved, pour the wax into the place where the wick was originally attached.
- Let the wax harden. After hardening, cut the wick just below the bond with a toothpick.
- Aromatherapy candles are ready to use.