The practical way to Install Printer to Computer or Laptop, easy and fast
Netgenz - Technology Computer and Internet If you want to use a printer, then the first thing you have to do is install the printer so that it is connected to your computer or laptop. Unfortunately, there are still many people who think that installing a printer is a difficult thing, but that is not always the case. There are many ways that you can choose to install the printer, maybe even in the manual it has been explained very completely. Even so, you can install the printer more simply, the following information on how to install the printer to a computer or laptop, easy to do has been summarized:
Without Using Driver CD
If you lose the Driver CD, you don't need to panic too much because without even using the Driver CD you can still install the printer. The following are ways that you can choose to install the printer without using the Driver CD, namely:
1. Using a USB Cable
- When buying a printer, make sure it is equipped with a USB cable. Because you can use the cable to install the printer. Here are the steps: Connect the built-in USB cable to the laptop or computer and to the printer. Bring the two closer because usually, the USB cable is not too long.
- Turn on the printer. Several printers automatically run the installation process or issue a printer install command on the computer or laptop screen.
If that doesn't happen, you can proceed to the next step, namely:
- Click Start >> Devices and Printers >> Settings >> Devices >> Printers & Scanners
- Click Add a printer or scanner at the top of the screen. The computer or laptop will scan the connected printer
- Choose the one that fits our printer model
- If the name of our printer does not appear, you can do it by:
- Click the link The printer that I want isn't listed
- Click the search button so the system can scan the printer driver on the hard drive
- If it still doesn't work, you have to download the driver software
- Follow all the instructions until the process is complete
- Restart the laptop or computer if prompted
2. Using Local Network
In addition to using a USB cable, you can also install the printer using a local network either via Ethernet or WiFi which can be found and installed in the following way:
- Open the Settings app
- Select printer
- Click on the lock icon at the top right to allow changing settings
- Click the “+” button at the bottom of the panel
- A new window will appear containing “Add a new printer”. The system will search for printers on the network
- Then the printer will appear, then click "Add"
- The installation process will run.
3. Using Downloaded Drivers
Installing the printer can also be done with a downloaded driver. Make sure the driver is downloaded from the official website. Here are the steps:
- Open the official website of the printer provider company
- Select and download software selectively according to the type of printer
- The driver that has been downloaded is usually a "WinRAR" file, so we have to extract it. How to right-click the file >> Extract here
- Open the file which has EXE existence to start installing
- Follow all the instructions in the installation process
- Restart the laptop or computer after the installation is complete so that the drivers are installed properly
- Connect the printer to the laptop or computer after restarting using the built-in cable to check if the laptop has recognized the new laptop
- If the printer connection system uses WiFi, then make sure the WiFi is ON and the laptop is connected to the WiFi.
Check Other Tips for Repairing Computers and Laptops Easily
Using the Driver CD
Installing the printer using the CD Driver is one way that is not so difficult, you can even say it is very easy. Here are the steps:
- Prepare a CD Driver that matches the printer brand
- Insert the CD into the Driver ROM
- Go to the installation page
- Follow the installation instructions in the manual
- If the installation process is complete and running well, then the Driver CD can be ejected. After that make sure whether the printer is installed correctly or not.
- If the printer Driver CD has not been installed properly or there is even a problem, then a new Driver CD should be installed. In addition, you can also visit the service site of the printer manufacturer that matches the printer brand.