Types of Partitions on the Hard Drive
A hard disk is a hardware device on a computer that is a storage medium in computer operation. Its use is usually we divide the capacity into several parts, these parts are called hard disk partitions. The goal is to make it easier to manage existing capacity so that it is used more efficiently.
Types of Partitions on the Hard Drive
So, hard disk partitions are parts of hard disk space (capacity).
Several reasons make the division of hard disk space very important, here are some reasons:
- To facilitate the management of files and other data. For example, partition D is specifically for storing software and partition D is intended to store various files, partition E is for storing movies.
- Separating the operating system, if using more than 1 OS. Because one partition can't be used for two systems.
- Can speed up hard drive access, especially on large hard drives. Because it is divided into smaller parts to speed up the reading process.
The above are some of the advantages of dividing hard disk partitions, if you look at the partition table, we often see primary, extended, and logical. The third is the types of partitions used. The following is an abbreviated explanation of the types of partitions on the hard drive.
Hard disk partition type (Primary, Extended, and Logical)
1. Primary Partition
The primary partition is the main partition on a hard disk. This partition is more intended as storage where the operating system on a computer is installed. The maximum number of partitions allowed is only four elements. If there is an Extended partition on the hard drive, then the primary use is reduced to 3 only.
2. Extended Partition
The Extended Partition is the primary partition on the hard drive. This partition does not handle data management directly but can modify data. You have to upgrade the logical partition first.
Check Other Tips for Repairing Computers and Laptops Easily
3. Logical Partition
The logical partition is part of the extended partition. This type of partition is often used as data storage. The number can be more than four, more than the primary partition.
Other Tips Computer and Internet
- Buying a Gaming Laptop, Check This Important Aspect!
- How to Activate Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 Daz Loader But Failed / Error Work 100% 2021
- Difference of RAM from Generation
- HOW TO CHECK LAPTOP SPECIFICATIONS USING THE APPLICATION
- Difference between Windows 32 Bit and 64 bit and its advantages and disadvantages
- Real Protection Disabled These Settings Are Managed By Your Administrator Work 100 % Windows 10
- Tips Youtube To Increase Views and More Subscriber
- 6 Application Editing In Mobile
- Restore Lost Photos on Android, Try This application!
- Role Bios and Elements in Bios Computer
- 42 Brands BIOS Supplier
- What is Bandwidth and Function of Bandwidth
- Protects Your Netbook from Spyware and Viruses
- Types and Function Motherboard Computer
- Understanding VGA Card and Its Functions
- Difference between Intel and AMD processors
- Definition and Functions of Harddisk
- Advantages and disadvantages of HDD SSD On Computer
- Types of Partitions on the Hard Drive
- Monitor or LCD screen on the market
- How Spike Up Your Computer Performance
- Cache on a Computer and Cache Type
- 5 solutions wifi can't connect the internet
- 7 How Extend Batteries Laptop Can Last Longer
- Best Solutions Windows 10 Black screen
- Blank Screen on Laptop and Computer
- Laptop Can't Shutdown, How to Overcome
- Setting CPU Front Panel Cable Computer
- Learn types of computer networks internet
- Learn the Difference Between Malware, Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Worm
- How to Format Flashdisk From Virus
- How to Remove Computer Shortcut Virus
- Easy Remove Background Photo App Online
- Difference URL, WWW, FTP, HTTP, HTML, DNS, DOMAIN
- Download Instagram Stories Online