What are the BIOS and its role on the computer? This must be understood!!
Netgenz.com - Computer and Internet | BIOS has an abbreviation, namely Basic Input / Output System, which is a program made with assembly language, which works to control the role of hardware/hardware on the computer. In contrast to the operating mechanism on the hard disk, the BIOS is usually on a flash memory chip or ROM made of Complementary Metal-Oxide Semiconductor or commonly referred to as CMOS.
Generally, people - people mention the battery that is attached to the motherboard with the call CMOS battery. It is this battery that plays a role in saving the date settings and other settings on the computer so that they do not disappear even though the computer is turned off, therefore if the CMOS battery is removed the settings on the computer will disappear immediately
The BIOS has several important jobs, such as containing the operating mechanism or what is commonly referred to as booting. The BIOS works by providing instructions on the microprocessor to turn on the computer. One of the instructions ordered by the BIOS on the microprocessor is the Power On Self Test (POST) which serves to test the operational status of all hardware on the computer.
Other instructions given to the microprocessor are activating the BIOS chip that is on other elements of the computer such as SCSI and graphics cards, checking and managing computer peripherals through low-level routines during the startup process. In addition, other things carried out by the microprocessor are clock management, hard disk, and other settings.
Role Bios and Elements in Bios Computer
Role of BIOS in Computer
One of the special jobs in the BIOS is controlling the initial stages of the startup process while making sure that the operating system is actually loaded into memory. In addition, the BIOS plays a role in doing the following things:
1. Run the Power On Self Test (POST)
One way that we need to do before installing the operating system on the computer is to check some of the devices on the computer. In addition, the BIOS can tell or notify about the hardware specifications on the motherboard.
2. Controlling Basic Composition on the Computer
Usually, the BIOS controls the composition of other devices based on their respective roles.
This composition arrangement is generally used by some people, especially gamers to increase the performance of a computer or what is often referred to as overclocking.
Readable: How To Activate Windows 7 Permanently
3. Giving Basic Info to the Computer
In addition to executing the POST command and controlling the basic composition of the computer, the BIOS works to provide basic information about how the relationship between each important device on the computer such as drives and memory will work and contain operating mechanisms
Elements in BIOS
In order for the BIOS to run its work properly, several supporting elements are needed so that the BIOS can work more optimally. as follows :
Check Other Tips for Repairing Computers and Laptops Easily
1) Program BIOS Settings
This program serves to change the composition of the computer such as the type of hard disk, disk drive, power management, computer performance, and so on according to the wishes of the user.
Usually, the BIOS hides the details of the device which can be called quite difficult, so it takes a little skill if we want to know more about the details of the device.
The role of this driver is for computer hardware devices such as VGA, input devices, processors, and several other devices for the basic 16-bit operating mechanism called the DOS family.
Interest For You: HOW TO CHECK LAPTOP SPECIFICATIONS USING THE APPLICATION
3). Special Bootstrapper Program
The following program plays a role in the boot process to the operating mechanism that we installed initially.
Next part Bios on Computers and Usual BIOS Suppliers Making BIOS or check other computer and netbook guide articles.
Next Part 2 42 Brands Bios Supplier
Other Tips Computer and Internet
- Buying a Gaming Laptop, Check This Important Aspect!
- How to Activate Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 Daz Loader But Failed / Error Work 100% 2021
- Difference of RAM from Generation
- HOW TO CHECK LAPTOP SPECIFICATIONS USING THE APPLICATION
- Difference between Windows 32 Bit and 64 bit and its advantages and disadvantages
- Real Protection Disabled These Settings Are Managed By Your Administrator Work 100 % Windows 10
- Tips Youtube To Increase Views and More Subscriber
- 6 Application Editing In Mobile
- Restore Lost Photos on Android, Try This application!
- Role Bios and Elements in Bios Computer
- 42 Brands BIOS Supplier
- What is Bandwidth and Function of Bandwidth
- Protects Your Netbook from Spyware and Viruses
- Types and Function Motherboard Computer
- Understanding VGA Card and Its Functions
- Difference between Intel and AMD processors
- Definition and Functions of Harddisk
- Advantages and disadvantages of HDD SSD On Computer
- Types of Partitions on the Hard Drive
- Monitor or LCD screen on the market
- How Spike Up Your Computer Performance
- Cache on a Computer and Cache Type
- 5 solutions wifi can't connect the internet
- 7 How Extend Batteries Laptop Can Last Longer
- Best Solutions Windows 10 Black screen
- Blank Screen on Laptop and Computer
- Laptop Can't Shutdown, How to Overcome
- Setting CPU Front Panel Cable Computer
- Learn types of computer networks internet
- Learn the Difference Between Malware, Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Worm
- How to Format Flashdisk From Virus
- How to Remove Computer Shortcut Virus
- Easy Remove Background Photo App Online
- Difference URL, WWW, FTP, HTTP, HTML, DNS, DOMAIN
- Download Instagram Stories Online