Netgenz - Culinary | Aceh has a variety of delicious culinary delights, one of the most popular is Mie Aceh (Aceh Noodle Recipes you can read HERE). But besides Aceh noodles, there are still many delicious dishes that are worth trying, such as this recipe for Sambal Asam Anchovy, Typical Acehnese Cuisine, for example. The taste of the Aceh anchovy sauce is different from the anchovy sauce in general, tends to be fresher and more delicious.
Recipes Aceh's Typical Anchovy Sour Sauce
The steps to make this Acehnese Anchovy Sambal is also not difficult, the spices and ingredients used for cooking are easy to find in the nearest market or stall. To make Sambal Asam Anchovies Typical Acehnese cuisine that is delicious and fresh, we use spices such as vegetable starfruit to create a slightly sour taste, lime leaves, and other kitchen spices as usual. While the anchovies we use dry anchovies.
So, to understand more and directly practice, let's try the recipe and how to cook the Aceh Anchovy Sambal, like the following.
Aceh's Typical Anchovy Sour Sauce Ingredients and Seasonings
- 5 pieces of cayenne pepper
- 3 cloves of red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 5 lime leaves, remove the bones, and finely slice
- 3 medium-sized star fruit (if large, reduce to 2 only)
- 50 gr dry field anchovies, soak for a while, and fry until dry
How to make Aceh's Typical Anchovy Sour Sauce:
- Grind the chilies and onions (don't make them smooth), then add the sliced vegetable starfruit (remove the middle part that has seeds, grind until slightly crushed
- Add the anchovies and lime leaves, pulverize them and serve. Do not add salt because the anchovies are usually already salty.
- Serve immediately with warm rice.
Tips for cooking Aceh Anchovy Sambal Asam:
- Dried anchovies can be replaced with 100 grams of peeled shrimp that have been boiled first.
- Although using cayenne pepper is not too spicy, so if your taste is spicy, the amount of cayenne pepper can be added according to taste.