Difference URL, WWW, FTP, HTTP, HTML, DNS, DOMAIN
What do URLs mean?
Netgenz - Computer and Internet | URL stands for Uniform Resource Locator (URL) a series of characters according to a certain standard format, which is used to indicate the address of a resource such as documents and images on the Internet. URL is a basic innovation for the historical development of the Internet. The URL was first created by Tim Berners-Lee in 1991 so that document writers can refer to links to the Jembar Jagat Network or the World Wide Web. Since 1994, the concept of URL has been developed into the more general term Uniform Resource Identifier (URI). However, the term URL is still widely used. Two types of URLs can be used, namely:
1. Absolute URL (Absolute URL), is a comprehensive tool that includes domains on the right network, directories within domains, and files within directories.
2. Relative URL, determines an address based on the URL that is active at the time.
What is meant by WWW?
Waring Wera Wanua or World Wide Web (abbreviated as WWW or Web) is an information space used by global identifiers called Uniform Resource Identifiers (URIs) to identify useful resources. The WWW is often considered synonymous with the Internet as a whole, even though it is actually only a part of it. WWW (World Wide Web), is a collection of web servers from around the world that serve to provide data and information for shared use. WWW or commonly called the Web is the most interesting part of the Internet. Through the web, you can access information that is not only in the form of text but can also be in the form of images, sounds, videos, and animations.
WWW is a program invented by Tim Berners-Lee in 1991. Initially, Berners-Lee just wanted to find a way to organize his research archives. To that end, he developed a system for personal use. The system is a software program called Enquire. With this program, Berners-Lee succeeded in creating a network of links between various archives to facilitate the information needed. This is what later became the basis of a revolution known as the Web.
WWW was first developed at the European Research Center for Particle Physics (CERN), Geneva, Switzerland. In 1989 Berners-Lee made a proposal for a hypertext creation project globally, then in October 1990, the 'World Wide Web' was able to run in the CERN environment. In the summer of 1991, the official WWW was widely used on the Internet.
What is meant by FTP?
File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is an Internet protocol that runs in the application layer which is the standard for transferring computer files between machines in an internetwork. FTP was one of the earliest developed Internet protocols, and is still used today to perform the "Download" and "Upload" upload of computer files between the FTP Client and the FTP Server.
An FTP Client is an application that can issue FTP commands to an FTP server, while an FTP Server is a Windows Service or daemon running on a computer that responds to commands from an FTP client. FTP commands can be used to change directories, change the transfer mode between binary and ASCII, upload computer files to an FTP server, and download files from an FTP server.
What does HTTP mean?
Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) is an application layer network protocol used for distributed, collaborative, and hypermedia information systems. Its use is much in the retrieval of resources that are interconnected by links, called hypertext documents, which then form a file
World Wide Web (WWW) in 1990 by British physicist Tim Berners-Lee. Until now, there are two major versions of the HTTP protocol, namely HTTP/1.0 which uses a separate connection for each document, and HTTP/1.1 which can use the same connection to carry out transactions. Thus, HTTP/1.1 can be faster because it does not have to waste time making connections over and over again.
What does HTML mean?
HyperText Markup Language (HTML) is a markup language used to create a web page, display a variety of information in an Internet web browser, and simple hypertext formatting written into ASCII (American Standard Code for Information Interchange) format files to produce a visual appearance. integrated. In other words, a file is created in word processing software and saved in the normal ASCII format so that it becomes a home page with HTML commands. HTML is a widely used standard for displaying web pages. HTML is currently Internet standards defined and controlled for use by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). HTML was created by the collaboration of Caillau TIM with Berners-Lee Robert while they were working at CERN in 1989 (CERN is a high-energy physics research institute in Geneva).
What is DNS
Domain Name System (DNS) is a system that stores information about hostnames or domain names in the form of a distributed database on a computer network, for example, the Internet. DNS provides an IP address for each hostname and lists each mail exchange server that receives an email for each domain. DNS provides a fairly important service for the Internet, while computer and network hardware work with IP addresses to perform tasks such as addressing and routing, humans generally prefer to use hostnames and domain names, for example, universal resource assignment (URLs). ) and email address. A common analogy used to explain its function is that DNS can be thought of as an internet phone book where when a user types www.indosat.net.id in a web browser, the user is redirected to the IP address 220.127.116.11 (IPv4) and 2001:e00:d:10:3:140::83 (IPv6).
Paul Mockapetris invented DNS in 1983, the original specification appeared in RFC 882 and 883. In 1987, the publication of RFC 1034 and RFC 1035 made updates to the DNS specification. This makes RFC 882 and RFC 883 no longer valid. Several recent RFCs have proposed some additions to the core DNS protocol.
What is a Domain or Domain Name?
A simple understanding of Domain or Domain Name
Domain or Domain Name (Domain Name) is a unique name given to identify the name of a computer server such as a web server or email server on a computer network or the internet. The domain name serves to make it easier for users on the internet when accessing the server, as well as being used to remember the name of the server that is visited without having to know a complicated series of numbers known as IP addresses. This domain name is also known as a unit of a website. check out articles about other computer and laptop tutorials, also read Choosing a TLD or Free Domain Making Blog.
Other Tips Computer and Internet
- Buying a Gaming Laptop, Check This Important Aspect!
- How to Activate Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 Daz Loader But Failed / Error Work 100% 2021
- Difference of RAM from Generation
- HOW TO CHECK LAPTOP SPECIFICATIONS USING THE APPLICATION
- Difference between Windows 32 Bit and 64 bit and its advantages and disadvantages
- Real Protection Disabled These Settings Are Managed By Your Administrator Work 100 % Windows 10
- Tips Youtube To Increase Views and More Subscriber
- 6 Application Editing In Mobile
- Restore Lost Photos on Android, Try This application!
- Role Bios and Elements in Bios Computer
- 42 Brands BIOS Supplier
- What is Bandwidth and Function of Bandwidth
- Protects Your Netbook from Spyware and Viruses
- Types and Function Motherboard Computer
- Understanding VGA Card and Its Functions
- Difference between Intel and AMD processors
- Definition and Functions of Harddisk
- Advantages and disadvantages of HDD SSD On Computer
- Types of Partitions on the Hard Drive
- Monitor or LCD screen on the market
- How Spike Up Your Computer Performance
- Cache on a Computer and Cache Type
- 5 solutions wifi can't connect the internet
- 7 How Extend Batteries Laptop Can Last Longer
- Best Solutions Windows 10 Black screen
- Blank Screen on Laptop and Computer
- Laptop Can't Shutdown, How to Overcome
- Setting CPU Front Panel Cable Computer
- Learn types of computer networks internet
- Learn the Difference Between Malware, Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Worm
- How to Format Flashdisk From Virus
- How to Remove Computer Shortcut Virus
- Easy Remove Background Photo App Online
- Difference URL, WWW, FTP, HTTP, HTML, DNS, DOMAIN
- Download Instagram Stories Online