Balinese Grilled Chicken (Betutu)
Netgenz - Culinary | Hello, Friends on this occasion we will share the recipe for Balinese grilled chicken betutu, just this time I will give details of ingredients, spices and how to cook it, of course, this dish is suitable for restaurants or eating on a large scale:
- 2 chickens, take part in the contents of the chicken
- 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 200 grams of boiled cassava leaves, finely sliced
- 4 lemongrass stalks, slice the white part
- 8 pieces of lime leaves
- 6 tablespoons of oil for sauteing
- Banana leaves to taste
Ground spices :
- 15 cloves of red onion
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 12 red chilies
- 8 pieces of red bird's eye chilies
- 2 teaspoons shrimp paste
- 4 cm turmeric
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 4 cm ginger, grated
- 4 cm galangal, grated
- Salt and brown sugar to taste
How to make Balinese Grilled Betutu:
1. Smear the chicken using lime juice and salt, let stand for 10 minutes, set aside.
2. Next, heat the oil, saute ground spices until fragrant, add the lemongrass slices. Stir until blended, remove from heat
3. Divide the sauteed spices into two, mix one part with cassava leaves and lime leaves, stir until blended. The rest is greased back on the outside of the chicken
4. Put the seasoned cassava leaves into the cavity of the chicken
5. Wrap the chicken in banana leaves. Heat a steamer pan and steam the chicken for 20 minutes.
6. Grill the steamed chicken until cooked.
7. Serve the chicken in a way that is split with the contents.